John Budziszewski Voted For a Tax Increase on July 15, 2014!

July 30, 2014 at 12:51 pm Leave a comment


By Andrew Richter

Well, I see in the paper that John Budziszewski still says he’s allegedly against property tax increases despite repeatedly voting for them. He did so again at the July 15 Crystal City Council Meeting.  The Council voted by a 4-3 margin to go ahead with the a 60/40 split for the Winnetka Hills Mill & Overlay Project. To explain this better that means 60% of the cost of this project will be assessed (or taxed) to property owners in that area and the other 40% will be paid for by the taxpayers.

So this is two tax increases. Voting against the measure was Casey Peak, Julie Deshler, and Mayor Jim Adams. Voting for it was Mark Hoffman, Joe Selton, Laura Libby, and YES John Budziszewski. Funny I thought he was against tax increases. To add insult to injury, the four members who voted for this to be 40% on the tax rolls couldn’t identify one cut they’d make between the four of them. Libby went so far as to say she couldn’t think of anything to cut. Look for a huge tax increase this year with this majority running things.

I wonder how Mr. Budziszewski will vote on that? Of course the final budget will be in December, long after the elections this yea if he is somehow still there.

The truth is there is nobody on this council who can claim that they’ve never raised taxes. All I’m calling on is council members to be honest about it. Claiming you won’t raise taxes is a LIE and will continued to be called out if claimed. I look forward to Mr. Budziszewski telling citizens what he we will cut in the budget to make up for the 40% of this project so there will not be a levy tax increase.

Good luck getting answers……

 

Advertisements

Entry filed under: City Government, Community, Crystal, Taxation.

Andrew Richter on the Radio This Weekend! McPipe Issues a Statement

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Twitter Updates

Archives


%d bloggers like this: