Notes from the March 1 Crystal Work Session
At the March 1 Crystal Work session, the assessing staff from Hennepin County paid a visit and gave the council information on property values in Crystal. Here are some of the highlights;
1) Crystal has been hit hard over the past 3 years with foreclosures.
2) The market is reacting very hard to certain negatives like busy streets and damage.
3) The period for the 2011 assessment was conducted from October 2009 through September 2010.
4) For 2011, the average single-family home is down 3.1% in value compared to 10% in 2010 and 8% in 2009. The last positive year was 2007.
5) Fourplex and duplex homes have been hit the hardest. The average duplex is down 32%.
Also there was a presentation by the Three Rivers Park District about the Crystal Lake Regional Trail. The trail is being proposed to go from the Theo Worth Area all the way to Elm Creek Park. The Park District is seeking a resolution of support from the council at the march 15 meeting.
The proposal is seen here;